The Canning River Canoe Club committee would like to formerly thank Alcoa for the generous donation of $3000 US and the invaluable work assistance provided by eleven Alcoa employees on last Thursday the 15th of October at our Kent Street Weir Boat Shed.
The Alcoa guys were tremendous and together with our club volunteers (you know who you are) we achieved a lot;
- Re-provisioning the showers which prior to the work day were not functioning,
- Painting and reconditioning the men’s toilets,
- Painting the ladies toilets,
- Repairing and painting 4 external access doors,
- Stripping, cleaning and painting the lounge area – a wonderful grey? colour 🙂
The good will and generosity of Alcoa in the community is a wonderful thing.
Whenever you think of miners please remember how generous Alcoa the company and its staff were to assist us.
I’ve added a few before and after shots of the clubhouse.
See you all down there on Tuesday evening, bring a towel for a shower after the race.
President Canning River Canoe Club.